Well...

After corresponding and (mostly) listening to the various threads on this BB, I decided last week to take the splurge and order a 1050 based mostly on the good things folks here had to say.

I haven't yet received my receiver and my frustration with the level of customer service that Outlaw provides is growing incrementally.

On Friday morning I tried to place an order via the web form. It wasn't working properly and I called their toll free number instead. I was told the ONLY person who could process an order was out but that she would call me back. After some phone tag we finally connected. I was told I could place an order for a 1050 and it would ship that day. I then got a form email stating they were out of stock. I called back (more phone tag) to change my order to a "B" unit. Now I was told that it would ship the following Monday and I would receive a DHL tracking number via email.

Wednesday afternoon (Today!) rolls around and still no receiver and no tracking number. I call for status and am again told the ONLY person who can help me is out. Two hours later I finally get someone who tells me the product has not yet shipped but will ship tonight. I was told there is a *chance* that it will arrive tomorrow.

Gosh. In the commercial arena I have gotten used to same-day order fullfillment and overnight delivery. In the home consumer products arena I've gotten used to moderately competitive shipping rates. Outlaw seems to give me the worst of both worlds. By way of comparison, for exactly one fifth Outlaw's shipping fee I can order any receiver from Crutchfield and reliably have it at my door in two days.

If the receiver doesn't arrive tomorrow I intend to request a partial refund on that 55 dollar "overnight" shipping charge. I just hope the product turns out to be substantially better than the service I have received to date.

-Andy