Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4223 - 06/14/03 07:32 PM Jazz, Stadium, Hall sound modes
HI-FI Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: augusta, GA
Does anyone use the sound modes? Why would you use them?, I don't like the sound in any one of them...I listen to music in stereo or natural

#4224 - 06/14/03 10:09 PM Re: Jazz, Stadium, Hall sound modes
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
Agreed, I did try stadium mode once while watching a concert that was in a stadium to get the feel of being there but that only lasted a few minutes and then I decided good sound was better than "realism"

I have seen many posts in the past that suggest that the modes are not very useful. I used to think that natural sounded better than plan stero for playing CD's but I have returned to stereo because I don't really like to vocals coming out of only the center speaker.

#4225 - 06/15/03 11:01 PM Re: Jazz, Stadium, Hall sound modes
sfw Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: IL, USA
In general, I agree. "Jazz", "Stadium" and "Hall" are pretty cheesy. That being said, though, I would like to suggest that they may have a place in music listening, with the right kind of music as a pleasing alternative to stereo purity.

I must admit having one of those "Outlaw moments" using the "Hall" effect with Rondellus' "Sabbatum" (a medieval tribute album to Black Sabbath, see http://www.sabbatum.com/). The "Hall" effect on the chanting in this album transformed my living room into a cathedral. It was really quite astonishing.

Perhaps others have found particular bit of music or other source that works especially well with one of the sound modes.

[This message has been edited by sfw (edited June 15, 2003).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM