Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4119 - 05/11/03 12:14 AM Amplified heartbeat sound on 1050
Gillez Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone,

I have a strange problem with my 1050. I hear a sound in my rear speakers that I can best describe as an amplified heartbeat that occurs every 30 seconds to 1 minute. It happens while watching TV from different sources as well as with all audio sources turned off.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Gilles Lajoie

#4120 - 05/12/03 01:24 PM Re: Amplified heartbeat sound on 1050
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I hear a sound in my rear speakers that I can best describe as an amplified heartbeat that occurs every 30 seconds to 1 minute

Looks like this one got missed over weekend. New description to me. I have seen periodic sounds like that traced to A/C systems/ Large appliances (frig's) kicking in etc. Usually though due fluctuating temp changes before these type units hit the power grid the occurrence may be repetitive yet not uniformly timed as you describe.

One of the best/tedious ways to trace is to uncable all sources. Put the bare min. back on line One at a time. Cable just the 1050 to your display for OTA broadcast/audio (if you use OTA). If you still hear it double check all speaker wire terminations. If not, - Next add cable or Sat sources. Next VHS then DVD etc. Another item to check, - If everything you own (A/V) goes to one double plug behind the system, you might try running an extension cord to a plug on a different breaker in your home etc.

I’ve got a pesky one going on, I have not had time to resolve. I know its gone with the display powered down, (during CD/FM playback). But with display and STB powered up ..its back. So I know the general area to start dealing with….just have not gotten to it yet.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited May 12, 2003).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM