Thanks to suggestions from Gonk and JasonA (see previous "I Made A Decision" post), along with other reviews, I decided to purchase the Panasonic DVD-RA60 player yesterday. It has built in decoders, DVD Audio, and component outs. The real bonus is that it is only $179 at Circuit City (and I think online also). Though I haven't tested it yet, my connections should work great, as follows: I'll run the component video outs from the DVD player to the component video ins on my TV. For audio, I'll run an optical cable from digital out to digital in on the 1050. For DTS-ES 6.1 and DVD audio, I'll run three cables from the DVD player outs to the analog 5.1 ins on the 1050 (man, cables are expensive!). That should cover me for everything thing I need. I'm somewhat of a novice at all this, but I think I have it covered. By the way, after two weeks, my 1050 and my AAD 6.1 speaker system sound excellent - including Prologic I. The sound is improving with time. Note: I really don't like advertising another product, other than the 1050, in this forum. But candid feedback from other Outlaws, along with my own listening and research, helped me make important decisions, that have worked very well for me.