Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1837 - 04/17/02 07:46 PM Rega Planet Update
Todd_Joseph Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Just as an update to my previous questions. I received the Rega Planet on Monday and hooked into the 1050 using the 5.1 direct inputs. Put in the first disk, Pink Floyd greatest hits and wow - I was blown away. The music was so enveloping, I was walking around the room checking on my surround and center speakers to see if they were playing. They we not. I would of never expected that my little Paradigm Atoms could sound so good. Even without the bass management of the 1050, the Rega was noticably better then my Sony DVD player. I actually begin to understand what audiophiles mean by hearing a soundstage. I haven't tried the digital out yet, but may pick up an extra interconnect this weekend to see if the sound improves using the Rega as only a transport and using the 1050 as the dac.

One final question (I hope) to any Rega Planet users, has anyone figured out the code to control the cd player with the 1050 remote. I tried to have the remote do the search, but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks again for everyones responses to my original questions.

#1838 - 04/18/02 09:20 AM Re: Rega Planet Update
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear that it's worked out well.

Hopefully someone with a Rega player will chime in with some good news on the remote code, but unfortunately my google search turned up only one relevent Rega remote code link -- a link to an October 2000 review of the Model 1050 in which the reviewer couldn't get the remote to control his Rega either.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#1839 - 04/18/02 11:35 AM Re: Rega Planet Update
zacster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Try doing a search on remotecentral.com about the rega. Every piece of equipment ever made has something written about it. Also try hifi-remote.com. The 1050 remote is related to the RS 15-1994 remote that's the focus of this site.

BTW, I plugged my Rega Planar 3 turntable through my old receiver for the phono stage then into the 1050 6.1 direct inputs and was floored. It sounded fantastic, better than CD. (I can hear the analog/digital argument already) The only problem was my remote wouldn't make it skip tracks. Good old vinyl. It makes you work to hear the music.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM