Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1078 - 01/30/02 10:34 PM No Output From Video 1
rodneyk915 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Texas
I cannot get any output from my Vid1 connections. I have a VCR with S-video connected to it which plays tapes fine but there is no signal coming back to the VCR from my satelite. I thought maybe it was a setting on the VCR that I was overlooking so I bypassed the VCR and hooked the S-video cable directly to the TV from the Vid1 Out to see if I could get a picture at least but no luck. So based on this I can deduce that the problem probably lies with the Outlaw. I have all the connections done correctly. Is there something I need to do to activate the Vid1 Out? Thanks for your input:> )

#1079 - 01/30/02 11:58 PM Re: No Output From Video 1
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Ok, I think I have finally figured out your setup and see a potential problem. What type of cable do you have running from the sat to the 1050? The 1050 won't change video types so if you're running composite out from the sat, you won't get s-video out to the vcr.

#1080 - 01/31/02 12:16 AM Re: No Output From Video 1
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Assuming that the satellite box has S-Video output to go with the VCR's S-Video input (since Owl's_Warder is correct about the absence of S-Video/composite video switching), have you confirmed that there's nothing wrong with the cable attached to Video1 Out?

------------------
Gonk

#1081 - 01/31/02 06:58 PM Re: No Output From Video 1
rodneyk915 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

The cable from the sat is S-video and works fine when connected to the "monitor". I may not have been too clear so here is the setup/situation:

No VCR Hookup-
Sat: S-video out, RCA audio out connected to Outlaw Vid2 S-video in, Vid2 RCA audio in. Monitor S-video out connected to TV. Works perfect in Video 2 mode.

With VCR Hookup-
Same as above but added VCR: VCR S-video out, RCA audio out to Outlaw Vid1 S-video in, Vid1 RCA audio in. Outlaw: Vid1 S-video out, Vid1 RCA audio out to VCR S-video in, VCR RCA audio in. Results in no audio or video in Video 1 mode when trying to recieve Sat signal. Plays tapes perfectly in Video 1 mode.

Video Direct Connection 1.-
Sat S-video out to Outlaw Vid1 S-video in. Vid1 S-video out direct connection to TV. Results in no video in Video 1 mode.

Video Direct Connection 2.-
Sat S-video out to Outlaw Vid1 S-video in. Monitor S-video out direct connection to TV. Video works in Video 1 mode.

I'm stumped. The Video Direct Connection 1 is why I'm leaning toward a problem with the Outlaw instead of a VCR input problem. Hope I'm on the right track.

#1082 - 01/31/02 11:04 PM Re: No Output From Video 1
rodneyk915 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

OK, so I'm not so bright. This is for the next person who may have the problem I had. As I said the connections are correct. The thing is, when the Outlaw is set to Video 1 mode no signal is sent out to the VCR. But that does not mean you cannot record. Leave it in Video 2 setting and record. Video 1 is for playback only. What was messing me up was I expected to be watching a program on Video 1 and recording it there as well since the "Rec Out" is bundled with Video 1 (which is where the VCR plugs in)and when I was not getting a signal to view I thought something was wrong. Anyway everything works great and I am very happy So the moral of the story is when all else fails just keep pushin' buttons, somethings bound to happen. So again, record on Video 2, playback on Video 1.

#1083 - 02/01/02 01:48 AM Re: No Output From Video 1
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Ok. That makes sense, watch what you want to record. I'll be honest, I didn't want to go through the headache of trying to figure that out when I set my HT up. Since my sat has dual outs, I ran one to the 1050 and the other direct to the VCR. The other reason I did this was because I didn't know if the 1050 needed to be on if I had set my timer to record something. This way, completely out of the loop. I realize it would have been simple enough to just try it and see what happened, or even (gasp!) read the manual, but I was in too much of a hurry to set it up and start making noise! Maybe I'll play around with it next time I have the HEAVY entertainment center pulled away from the wall.

Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for sharing the solution. Good lesson for us all!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 348 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM