Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#910 - 01/25/02 10:18 AM Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
mltexas Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: League City, Texas
Greetings everyone! Well I just got my 1050 delivered yesterday and of course I had to set it up immediately. Well actually I had to go get a new center rear speaker to match my front center and then set it up. After fighting with the boxes to make them give up the 1050 - no small feat - I was eventually ready to play a DVD and be amazed.

Now, I could have used a DD or DTS winner like Gladiator, Tomb Raider, or others, but my kids insisted that we watch the new Mutant Rattlesnake movie (Venomous) that was released on Tuesday. So we went to Blockbuster (Gasp - The Horror - I know, I know) and got the movie. Actually the movie was not half bad (Hey, it was a rental and it was actually in wide screen) if you are into Rattle Snakes with a twist of Outbreak thrown in.

Needless to say, I chose the DD format and when it started playing I was impressed. The 1050 delivered all of what I was hoping for. There is so much more richness in sound as compared to my not-so-old Sony. Not to mention all the Snakes that were hissing behind us. Man I just love that 6th channel. My wife was even smiling, and at one point she said, "Now that was cool!" to some sound effect.

The only thing I wish for now is to have my DVD's stop hanging up or dropping out. We had 4 of them yesterday. I am using a HTPC. I posted on this issue at the AVS Forum, but did not get much of a reply. I would love to watch a movie all the way through with out those pauses.

Well have a great day everyone, I just wanted to share my positive experience.

Matt

#911 - 01/25/02 10:31 AM Re: Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Welcome, Matt! Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

------------------
Gonk

#912 - 01/26/02 06:32 AM Re: Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Welcome to the Outlaw family! Hope you have many happy hours of enjoyment!

Edit:

By the way, as soon as I had mine setup, I went straight back to the store and picked up a matching speaker for my center surround as well! Have fun!

[This message has been edited by Owl's_Warder (edited January 26, 2002).]

#913 - 01/26/02 03:03 PM Re: Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
Mark Offline
Gunslinger

mltexas, Glad you "joined" the Outlaw gang. I know how happy you are. I went from a Technics receiver to the Outlaw.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

#914 - 01/26/02 03:21 PM Re: Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
potus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: sarasota
I also received my 1050 today, an upgrade from a low line Sony which got me into HT again. I am very pleased. I need to get some speaker wire for the 6th channel, i thought i had some laying around.

#915 - 01/26/02 03:46 PM Re: Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
Mark Offline
Gunslinger

Potus, welcome to you as well. Let us know your set-up and what you enjoy most about the 1050. Glad you are with the Outlaws.

#916 - 01/26/02 06:44 PM Re: Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
potus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: sarasota
Quote:

Let us know your set-up and what you enjoy most about the 1050. Glad you are with the Outlaws.

Well my odessey started in the late 80's with an Audionics Dolby Surround decoder,hit the LD's hard, after a few years i moved and never set up everthing, and sold the laser's.

I bought a DVD player in may of last year and i knew i was going to get back into HT, well w/o doing research i bought a dvd player and a low line sony receiver w/ DD, DTS.

Along came a sony wm40 sub, ( not bad) ,I recently purchased Paradigm 40's for the front and the Reference center channel. I have some older Infinity bookshels for the rear and they work well, i added a sony center channel for the rear ( was my front center for a short time). I will probably go with Paradigm's for the rear at some point. These are last on my upgrade list. I just added the Pany RP56 DVD player, and of course the 1050 today.

I want to upgrade the sub to a SVS model, and get a HDTV widescreen, and then maybe a seperate amp.

The 1050 is still to early, but i like the rear center, just tried Gladiator Hell Unleashed chapter. The fireball is awesome.
Going to watch TPM tonite.

I also like the power and punch the 1050 has, it has a nice soundstage and depth. The detail in that one Gladiator chapter was super. Looking forward to playing with the crossovers some more and tweaking the system.

I wish it could accomadate DTS 6.1 without the 5.1 direct input. My room does not offer much room for the rear channel, so i can live w/o DTS EX or ES. I am going to have to visit that DD v DTS debate again

What about specfic scenes on DD EX?

What over movies sound great, but are not encoded with DD EX?

#917 - 01/26/02 06:52 PM Re: Greetings!!! And, this 1050 is Sweet!
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Check out the Favorite Demos forum here for some good ones. But I can't resist urging you to watch the Pod Race in TPM, TOO much fun!!

Edit: Editing link for server change.

[This message has been edited by Owl's_Warder (edited March 10, 2002).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 258 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM