I disconnected my old Sony Receiver, which I only hooked up over the weekend to connect my new Boston Acoustic 9000 II speakers and get everything else connected to make certain everything was working, which it was.

I have every single wire marked and was extremely careful as to how I hooked everything up. My speakers are wired thusly:

LF + Sub LF to 1050 LF
RF + Sub RF to 1050 RF
LFE Sub to 1050 LFE
LR to 1050 LR
RR to 1050 RR
CC to 1050 CC

I configured the fronts to Large, the Center and Rear to Small and the Sub = On. The Sub is configured at 150Hz.

I had spoken via e-mail to both Outlaw and Boston about how to configure and set the speakers up and everyone concurred this is correct. This is even explained in the BA Manual.

The DVD player is plugged into the DVD(Play In) on the 1050. TV is plugged into Video 02(Play In) on the 1050. VCR is plugged into Video 01(Play In), CD player is plugged into CD on the 1050.

Now for the problem:

I am not getting ANY sound out of the DVD player! I ran the speaker test and all 6 speakers can be heard. I can hear the TV through the 1050, the FM Radio is playing without a problem. I have not tried the VCR as it is getting late. I also have not tried plugging the DVD into any other outlets.

My DVD is connected to the TV with component cables. The VCR with a composite cable.

I am seeing the DVD picture on the TV. I know the DVD player is working fine as I watched DVD movies all weekend long playing through my old Sony.

Another thing I noticed, not sure if it is a problem or normal. The Remote from the 1050 hums like crazy once the remote lights up. This really isn't a major issue as I will be using a Pronto, but I have never heard a remote hum like this. It can't be because the remote lights up either, my Sony TV remote lights up and does not hum.

If nobody can give me any ideas I will call Outlaw tomorrow, but wanted to try here first.

Thanks.

Larry