Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3517 - 01/17/03 03:18 PM Manually selecting DTS input?
dantethedog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Can I manually change the Outlaw to select DTS input from a dvd source?

The reason I ask is that I have been experimenting with DTS audio CDs(CDRS). In some cases the Outlaw recognizes the dts signal right away, but on some it does not an I cannot listen to thoses cds. Unless, I first put one in the dvd player the Outlaw recognizes then switch cds, then it plays find. (This can be a pain in the ass).

I love my outlaw 1050. I read the manual and couldn't figure out if manually changing the input to dts was possible.

any help would be appreciated. By the way I highly recommend dts audio cds the sound is amazing with from the Outlaw and my Klipsh speakers.

#3518 - 01/17/03 04:44 PM Re: Manually selecting DTS input?
charlie Offline
Desperado

I'm not sure what a DTS audio CD is, but it should be a matter of selecting the DTS bitstream on the player - the 1050 should lock on automatically if a properly formated bitstream is presented to the digital input.

#3519 - 01/21/03 12:11 PM Re: Manually selecting DTS input?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
A DTS CD is a CD that has a DTS bitstream on it instead of PCM audio data. If you try to play one in an ordinary CD player, it will sound like static. You need a CD player with a digital out to a DTS decoder. The 950 will recoginze the signal just as if it had come from a DVD player.

They're pretty neat, in that they give you some of the benefits of DVD/A but with your existing equipment. Just be careful not to put one in your car's dash. :-)

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Who's Online
0 registered (), 348 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM