Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1729 - 04/03/02 10:29 AM Coax Jack for FM
Fletch Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Libertyville, IL, USA
Last night I was rewiring my antenna setup. I was unscrewing the coax on my 1050 for the FM antenna and it seemed like it was taking forever. So I look down and I notice that the thing isn't coming off and the whole jack and wire were moving around together. So now when I plug the new coax on, I don't get any FM signal. When I strip the coax and put it into the AM plug, I get lots of noise. Am I going to have to send this thing back for repair? I'm sure there is some loose connection in there that would be a breeze to fix, but I'm sure I'll void the warranty by doing that. I don't even listen to FM much, but my dog enjoys the classical public radio station while I'm at work (I'm sure Murphy's not happy today). Help!
Fletch

#1730 - 04/03/02 10:52 AM Re: Coax Jack for FM
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Ouch... Sounds like the you've got some damage around the antenna connections on your tuner board (if you want to see what that area looks like without voiding the warranty, thank psklenar for this picture from when he was beta testing the 1050). I'm guessing that it'll need to get some service work done, but you probably ought to fire off an e-mail to the Outlaws to confirm it.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart

#1731 - 04/22/02 02:47 AM Re: Coax Jack for FM
Fletch Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Libertyville, IL, USA
Okay, I am officially dying. It had been 2 weeks with no 1050. I have watched 3 movies without it and I am about to die. This is the worst pain of ever. I need my Outlaw fix so bad. I wouldn't have sent it back if I knew it would take this long. Six poor speakers with NO power. This is worse than solitary!!!
Fletch

#1732 - 04/22/02 05:03 AM Re: Coax Jack for FM
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I'd contact the Outlaws and ask for an update. Just drop 'em a line. They're customer service is top notch from what others 'round here say and from my own, admittedly limited, experience has been.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM