rr2150

Posted by: ibexbreath

rr2150 - 05/10/03 05:14 PM

I had heard nothing but good things about previous Outlaw Audio products, so I was eager to try the shiny new RR2150 that arrived in the mail today. However, several small annoyances have prevented me from extracting full enjoyment from the unit.
First of all, the crank that spins the gyroscopes requires a lot of elbow grease. During long listening sessions, my arm becomes sore and fatigued. Are there any plans to offer an audiophile-grade pain reliever along the lines of the the fa454 prototype?
To make matters worse, the thick, acrid smoke produced by the optional coal-fired power supply produces a hacking cough from family members which can have a negative effect on sound quality.
If this wasn't bad enough, the rr2150 is not even compatble with the existing plumbing in my kitchen. I had to run the garden hose in through the window.
Hopefully there are upgraded D/MC (Digital/Morse Code) converters in the works to rectify these problems.
Posted by: Paul J. Stiles

Re: rr2150 - 05/10/03 11:07 PM

You keep on doing that, you'll go blind!

Paul
Posted by: eprudho

Re: rr2150 - 08/10/07 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ibexbreath:
[QB] ...snip...To make matters worse, the thick, acrid smoke produced by the optional coal-fired power supply produces a hacking cough from family members which can have a negative effect on sound quality....snip...
You need to use a better grade of anthricite. laugh
Posted by: LesPaul666

Re: rr2150 - 08/10/07 07:52 PM

Acrid smoke?

And "Horses breath", as well?

Sorry...Just makes me think of the Iron Maiden song,
The Trooper". wink
Posted by: VinylAddict

Re: rr2150 - 08/12/07 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LesPaul666:
Acrid smoke?