Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#31801 - 03/10/08 01:00 AM Needle Drop'd (on the cheap) Simple Yet Effective !
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
My setup:

Outlaw Audio RR2150 Tape OUT via RCA cables > to 1/4" Jack adapter + 1 mini to mini extension cord directly to the Line In port of my ROCKbox'd iRiver H120 DAP:

I realize it's fugly beyond all hopes, but I sanded it and messed it up a LOT. I'll one day get different housing for it. But, doesn't matter, it's the best DAP out there. Wish they still made it.

Unfortunately, Audacity in Ubuntu works like crap, so I will have to do the editing in Windows when I have the time. As for the recording, I defeated the tone controls, and the wav files sound great ! No clipping or distortion, just whatever my needle heard, and that's it.

I can make FLAC's out of them, but the files will still be large, but it's good enough to make a CD, nonetheless. Now all I need is a decent way to clean my vinyl. Stupid D4 brush is horrible and only creates more of a mess than before I started cleaning.

Anyway, I just wanted to note my satisfaction in regards to how simple it was for me to do a needle drop, without the need for a complicated setup.

I actually also have a mini disc recorder (Sharp MD MT90) which would do a good job I'm sure. I guess this can be done with an iPod as well, if one has the recording accessory.

doug

#31802 - 03/10/08 03:46 AM Re: Needle Drop'd (on the cheap) Simple Yet Effective !
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Cool setup, Sweet Spot.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 279 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM