950 Front Panel Display Not Working

Posted by: mitchh

950 Front Panel Display Not Working - 10/28/05 06:51 PM

Can anyone help here. Everything works fine except the front panel display is not working. I have it connected to my TV through component video cables so I don't get the on screen display.

Thanks in advance

Mitch
Posted by: PodBoy

Re: 950 Front Panel Display Not Working - 10/28/05 07:46 PM

Was it working before, and just recently stopped?

Try a reset and see if that helps.

Re: 950 Front Panel Display Not Working - 10/29/05 07:20 AM

Yes, it was working pefectly and just stopped today. Are you suggesting a full reset. After that I would ned to set up the processor again, is that not correct.
Posted by: gonk

Re: 950 Front Panel Display Not Working - 10/29/05 10:24 AM

That is correct - a full reset will wipe out all of your settings. I'd suggest taking a few minutes to write some stuff down. If that doesn't work, give Outlaw a call and they'll get you squared away (the benefit of a five year warranty).
Posted by: aej09

Re: 950 Front Panel Display Not Working - 10/29/05 01:16 PM

Myself and another person here had a problem with a gradually fading display that did eventually black out, but that sounds like a different problem. I can tell you that Outlaw's service is phenominal. They took care of it promptly.

Re: 950 Front Panel Display Not Working - 10/29/05 08:58 PM

Okay, I did a reset (unplug for 5 minutes) and not a hard reset (take volume knob off and depress small button). It worked like a charm and I didn't lose any settings. Thanks to all for your help.

Mitch
Posted by: gonk

Re: 950 Front Panel Display Not Working - 10/29/05 09:41 PM

Excellent news, Mitch!