How long for 950 to "Break In"?

Posted by: NormanB

How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/01/04 04:08 PM

Just wondering how long it took for some of you to say "Wow now this sounds better than when I first got it!"
Posted by: soundhound

Re: How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/01/04 04:13 PM

It takes the 950 as long to break in as it does for your ears to adjust to any difference in it's sound verses that of the component which it replaces +/- 72 hours.
Posted by: gonk

Re: How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/01/04 04:23 PM

With the "blue dot" version (which covers any 950 produced since December 2002), I felt like it changed slightly during the first week or so. I never noticed any change in the earlier units (original and "red dot"). So call it zero to seven days?

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/02/04 12:08 AM

all it takes is a little listening at higher levels to knock the dust out, so to speak ;-).

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

Re: How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/02/04 11:08 AM

Thanks all for the comments. I am still waiting to setup my new gear. I am soooo bumed. I need a piece of glass to help support the gear on top of my TV. The glass company told my 2-3 days and now it will take 8 for me to get it.
Posted by: rance

Re: How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/02/04 03:16 PM

Maybe it's me, but I wouldn't be waiting for the glass!
Posted by: Smart Little Lena

Re: How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/04/04 01:48 AM

Norman you are tooooo patient.

Mine would be on the wood floor blowing and going (via long interconnects) long before the glass came in!

Re: How long for 950 to "Break In"? - 07/06/04 12:27 PM

Well, I got tired of waiting so I did a little 2 channel listening this weekend. I set the 950 on top of my 855 and ran speaker wire to my mains and let it rip.

Oh my gosh! I only had a chance to try FM, but the difference was remarkable. OK I did try a portable CD player, but the sound was yuck! I fell in love again with FM it sounded very nice. Clean tight bass and smooth highs. My Klipsch never sounded so good.

It looks like Wednesday the 7th I should be able to get everything blowing and going. If I don't go crazy first.