Old Receiver: Kenwood 1090 First Generation AC3 Receiver. No discrete amplification. 5 X150

New Gear: 950 and Marantz MM9000 (5X 170 THX Ultra)
I read the reviews and pulled the trigger. Wow. I am not an audiophile but the difference was nothing short of amazing. I can finally hear lyrics and music without blowing out my eardrums.

Question 1: I have an ancient dvd player(I am not going to list the make. Just know that it doesn't have progressive scan.) Any ideas on a good Progressive Scan DVD? I have a couple of friends who can hook me up with either Denon or Integra? I am looking for gear that will last a while. Comments.

Question 2: My speaker's are old THX Pro Logic era JBL HT's. The sound is still pretty good but I have a hard time hearing dialogue. Would one of the new Center Channel speakers help with this problem, like Paradigm CC's say? Also, has anyone gone with a stereo amp for the center channel and used 2 speakers?

Question 3: Has anyone used on of the new Hard Disk storage pieces? I am looking at the Marantz and Integra pieces.
Thanks.

Jamestb