Here is a problem I have run across once before.

Trying to run a simple system of TV with a DVD player and Cable through a receiver. There are two specific considerations.

#1 The TV does not have audio outputs of any kind.
#2 The cable/homeowners association does not provide a cable box/tuner. It is just the RF Coaxial cable carrying basic cable.

So, I could run the cable directly to the TV and use the TV's speakers, but I don't want to. I want to run all audio and video through the receiver.

What I would like is an adapter to convert RF Coaxial F-type cable to s-video or RCA but as far as I can see this does not exist. Seeing that there is an adapter for everything else I am wondering just for my knowledge why this is not possible? Could I dismantle a cable box and make my own adapter? Or should I look for a generic cable box to do the conversion for me?

I would appreciate any suggestions on choosing a generic cable box and where to get one.

I would expect more people to have this problem with the majority of TVs not having audio output and the majority of receivers not having RF inputs, but I guess everybody except me uses cable boxes.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

If anyone wants to make an adapter you have at least one customer.